Tuesday, September 18, 2007

XeO3: Possible solutions....

While I was talking to Luca last night, I thought of a possible solution to our background animations. The problem is that its code driven, and then tables that drive them which allows cycling frames of animation to be played. This however isn't good for every level as on level 2 (for example) Luca would like to change the sequence and even speed of animations. To this end, I think it might be possible to move the animation code into the level data, and if I do that it would get loaded with each level. Its unusual to load code in this way, and I've never needed to do it, but it might work fine here.

I'll give it a try soon and I hope this will allow Luca to allow do the animations the way he wants.....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Speed of animations? Oh well, I simply need to change (yeah right) sequence and frames locations in the anim memory, that's all :D Counting continuous animations like turrets and mines, I hope to have another continuous one (but that's not an important issue, we can change the "flame" as we decided before); anyway, this will redefine animations'limitations, which will need to be declared anew.

TNT said...

Lasse used loaded code for scripting in Metal Warrior 4.

Mike said...

I've been involved with games that have loaded overlays (the proper term), but I've never needed to do it on an 8bit machine before.

But I think in this case its just the most flexible.