Tuesday, March 06, 2007

PIC programming.

You know, the more I do of this, the more I think I need a proper PIC debugger. Its a pain to debug code on a PIC, especially interrupt routines. I started to write the interrupt driven transmition routine last night, but I've been struggling with even getting it to start up properly. This is mainly because I couldn't even find out where it died! After an hour or so I was eventually able to get a clue as to which part I need to debug, and was able to use the LED's on my PIC programmer to figure out how far I'd gotten, but its far from ideal!

There has to be a better way.....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

In the end, you'll organize a party at home, about beer and LED fx +4 driven. Ah count on me for it!

Anonymous said...

Mike, you broke the dma forums, it's in maintenance mode, meaning i can't see or post or search it.

Mike said...

I know. I want to see if keping them offline for a bit stops the spammers.